Friday, June 17, 2011

Bargains and Reminders

Hi all!

Audre and I spent the day garage selling with my parents, my aunt and her sweetheart.   It was pretty much slim pickin's, but I did find a little bit of stuff and it was enjoyable.  

It was also quite warm, and by the time we wrapped it up, around 4 p.m., I was flat tuckered out.  So, you know what I did.... Yes indeed I took a nap! 

 Check out what I got for $2.35.  

The two pastel fabrics will most likely find their way into a quilt.   The floral fabric is actually a skirt, that is too small for me, but I liked the fabric so much, I bought it to line a tote bag or a handbag.   The book "Virginia" is Christian fiction and the note cards will come in handy in the future.




My Mom found three bags of fabric for $0.50 each!   She let me go through the fabric and this is what I picked out.

I will use some of this fabric as bag linings and the others will go into quilted projects.



 ~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~


  
Yesterday morning, I looked out my front window and saw a butterfly flitting around in my flower bed, so I hurried out and took a pic.  



This week has been mostly spent taking it easy.  I feel kind of bad because I haven't sat down at my sewing machine yet.  I plan to do that tomorrow.   I must do that tomorrow.   I have a project due to show Tuesday at the quilt guild meeting, and then I also need to get my Home Made Gift project done so that I can mail it off by the 30th, this month.  

 ~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

As we drove to our destinations today, I was reminded of the devastation left from the recent tornado storms.  I took 309 to Ozark and the road didn't look the same as a lot of trees are now gone.   Over in Clarksville, AR, they are still trying to get electric lines and such back up and there is construction going on in the neighborhoods that were hit.  

I also saw some beautiful scenery as we went down back roads out into the country, searching out garage sales in the paper.  Of course I left my camera at home... got to quit that.  There were several places where you look out over the front yard and there was the most beautiful view, glorifying God's creation.

We saw destruction and beauty.   That's just like life.   There are the good days and there are the bad days, but life continues on.   We pray, we persevere and we survive.  We are thankful for the blessings and hopefully, we grow in the trials of life.

A Psalm comes to mind...
Why are thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. ~Psalm 42:11

I'm glad I don't walk alone in this world.   
Aren't you?




I guess that's it for tonight.  Until next time...

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. I'd much rather be going to garage/yard sales than doing one myself! Guess what I was doing yesterday? Sigh. At least I got rid of some stuff, and people found a few treasures. :)

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan...yes having a garage/yard sale is a lot of work and it's much more fun just going to them. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham