Monday, May 2, 2011

Soggy Bottoms Bragging the Week before Mother's Day

Well, it's been a few days since I last posted.  It has been raining cats and dogs!   It rained all day again today.   Sunday morning the Pastor mentioned that he thought the drought we have been in may be over.  I think he is probably right or very close. :)   It is like soggy bottoms around here.

I'm thankful for the rain.   As a matter of fact, I like rain.  Some of the best walks I've had and peaceful times sitting out on a covered porch or deck, have been in the rain.  I like the sound of thunder and I think lightning is pretty cool... as long as it is not next me.  :)  However, several days of rain in a row, and I'm ready for a little sunshine.

My heart and prayers go out to all those that have been through the storms with tornadoes and flooding.  All the devastation is just awful.    Please join in prayer for those suffering.


******************************************************

Banana Pudding like Mom use to make!

I finally made the banana pudding I wanted all last week.    

I used instant pudding, as that was what I had in the pantry.  I was worried it wouldn't soak through the layers of bananas and vanilla wafers, because it sets up so fast, but it did.   It is quite tasty.   

I took a pic of it, but the light over my cook stove, threw a yellow cast in the picture and it didn't turn out good.   So, sorry no pic.

My husband and I reminisced on how our moms use to make banana pudding.   You can see that recipe on the Recipe tab above.   I  found the recipe in my vintage cookbook set.

Oh... and check out the new giveaways I posted on the Giveaway tab above too.

 ****************************************************

Bragging on my daughter, just a bit...

Check out this picture Audre drew.

Not only is she a good drummer, she is a good artist too! :)   

She's in ninth grade and growing up way too fast for my liking.
  
I am blessed to have her.  She is sweet and ornery too, but that's what makes life go around.  I know that she will succeed at whatever she puts her mind to, in the future.  She does good in school and keeps her head in the books, so far.  :)

********************************************************

Bragging on my son, just a bit...

Since I bragged a little on my youngest, I need to brag a little on my oldest.  

Josh has been a man from the day he could walk.   He has always been level headed and knew what he wanted and where he is going.  

He too is a musician.  He plays the guitar.  He can play drums, sax, and does pretty good on the keyboard, but he prefers guitar.   He is now in his Sophomore year in college and working.  I don't know how he does it, but he keeps his grades up and keeps his scholorship.   Thank the good Lord above!  :)

I have to wonder where the time has gone.  He will be 20 this month.  Oh my!

*************************************************

The week before Mother's Day...
Since it's the week before Mother's day, how about sharing some thoughts about your children?

Sometimes, I think we don't celebrate them enough and we should.

So share your thoughts.

I'm thankful and love my children dearly.  My heart is in three parts, my husband, my son, and my daughter.  It is surrounded by God.  If I were to loose any of them, that part of my heart would break and only God would be able to hold it together.

*************************************************

In Closing...

Since I have talked about reaching up to God in prayer for those who are suffering from the storms, and talked about music and being thankful for my children, I thought I'd end with a scripture that refers to that.

It is good to give thanks to the Lord, And to sing praises to Thy name, O Most High; To declare Thy lovingkindness in the morning,  And Thy faithfulness by night, With the ten-stringed lute, and with the harp; With resounding music upon the lyre.  For Thou, O Lord, has made me glad by what Thou hast done, I will sing for joy at the works of Thy hands.  Psalm 92:1-4

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about your kiddos I have 3 as you know and they are all as different as night and day. My oldest who is 20 is in his junior year in college and is on the deans list, he is a junior because he took 23 hours for college courses in high school so he is ahead of schedule, my middle child is meeting with the Arkansas Tech coach today to see if he can play football for them when he graduates(he is a junior right now) and my youngest child is he father made over he is 14 and knows more about cars and motorcycles than I ever will. He has a business sense that amazes me. My husband is also the best more that I deserve. He is a wonderful husband and loving Dad and what more could a girl want. I love them all more than I ever thought possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, thanks for sharing your bunch with us. I know you are proud of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really nice of you to share about your family! Love banana pudding myself! Sounds so good! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham