Thursday, April 7, 2011

Winds of Change

Microsoft clip art
 About a month ago, Feb. 28th to be precise, I wrote about a sense of change... change beyond my control.  At that time I didn't know what it was, but I knew it was bigger than me and stated that I would sit back, watch and wait to see what happens.

This morning, I asked God to show me His will and to guarantee His presence in my life today.  I try to do this every morning and some days it blows my mind.  :)  

Today, I sat down in my chair at my desk at work and before I logged onto the system these words went through my mind.

When a door closes, God opens a new one.

Hmm... I thought.

I signed on, opened my mail and in my mailbox was two messages from two different friends.  These messages contained a Bible verse.    Revelations 3:8  I know they works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.  These are the words of Jesus.

The email basically went on to say don't worry, God is in control and everything will be okay.

Okay, God what are you trying to tell me? - Is my next thought.   I knew something big was going to happen today.  I just didn't know what it was.  

Well this stayed with me all day and God's presence was strong, reminding me no matter what, everything will be okay.  It was so strong, I came home at lunch and told my husband about it.

This afternoon I found out what it was.   The man, who has been the manager, VP of Manufacturing and has become a friend over the last 22 years I have worked at Stark Mfg LLC, was given the "option" to retire early today.   He accepted it and today was his last day.    

The minute I saw this news the feeling I felt all day left and I knew I needed to share the message to him.  I knew that God was telling me to tell my friend that everything will be okay.  So I did.

It will take some time to get used to not seeing my "boss" (he doesn't like to be called that) every day.   He has the patience of Job.   I know this, because I have tested it over the years.  :)

So... I had a message about a month ago that the winds were beginning to stir and today felt the full gale force of them.   Now, it's time to sit back again, wait and see what else the wind blows in.  


*****************************************************


I have boxed up the mug rugs to send to my mug rug swap partner, Michelle.  I will mail them tomorrow.

I also made two cute Easter bunnies tonight (nothing like being in my sewing area to reflect on the day).  I found the pattern earlier in the week at http://www.alfreecrafts.com .

Here they are.  What do you think?



*****************************************************

Just a reminder...
if you haven't already done so, please cast a vote on the Best Shop Hop Quilt, at the top of the page.

You can see the quilts on the blog I posted last night.


**************************************************************

In closing...

Here's wising you a Fabulous Friday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:

  1. It will be very hard to get used to seeing someone else in that corner office. I have only been at Stark for 7 years, but I will greatly miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... it all starts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bunnies are so cute! Great project! I hope the transition at work goes well for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Michele!

    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham