Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Strong Drink and Chocolate

STRONG DRINK AND CHOCOLATE

Today one of the ladies at work jokingly stated that my alter-personality, "Sasha", came to work today.   I didn't think I was misbehaving that badly but I did assure her I would ply "Sasha" with strong drink and chocolate tonight.
 
So, I'm on my third tall glass of Pepsi on the rocks, and the chocolate fudge brownie is already gone!
~hiccup~




*************************************************
TALK ABOUT TALENT!

The Logan County PieceMaker's Quilt guild meeting was tonight.   There is awesome talent in the guild.  Check out the show-n-tell we had tonight.

First this small quilt was presented.  It went into our love quilt collection.  
I like the Americana colors!



 Then there was this cute media bag.  Check out the organization on this bag! :)


 


 Check out this floral wall hanging.  How cool!


When this one was shown, I exclaimed SUWEET!!

It looks like a lot of tiny kaleidoscope pictures.




 
There was also a quilt shown that the guild has helped make in commemoration of three generations of Smith Doctors.    One is still with us and I bet he will be blessed when this is presented.  So I can't show it until after the presentation.

 We also showed off the 2011 Butterfly Quilt that will be given away at the Butterfly Festival this year.



Look at those beautiful colors!

Check out the quilting!  It was done by Lovelace Quilting.


 


 Then during the meeting thunder started rolling and one of the ladies got up and went out to look. 
We have been under storm and tornado watches today.   

Well, she came back in and said it was looking golden outside, so I ran out and took a pic of the golden clouds.     

This is a pic of one of the cool things God allows us to see.


******************************************************
 IN CLOSING

The golden colored clouds tonight inspired my posting the following verse. 

When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.  Job 23:10
 

Testing... yes I have felt that of late.   I must remember, that I will not be put through more than I can handle and when the test is done, I will come forth as gold.

Have a great Wednesday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

3 comments:

  1. You have some very talented ladies in your guild. Thanks for sharing. The golden cloud picture is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts you show are awesome, and the quilters are so talented. Those are the kinds of heirlooms I hope to make some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda and Joanna! I am blessed to be part of the quilt guild. They are a bunch of great ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham