Friday, April 15, 2011

A Pleasant Surprise

Microsoft clip art
This week has been a week of a heavy heart. 

The company I'm working for, has had a major reconstruction from the top to the bottom. 

Today we had to lay off 30 people.  

It was hard having to pull the time cards, hearing them being told and then facing them when they picked up their checks.  I had to tell one person, and that was hard enough; but my supervisor had the awful task of telling all the others and it was not easy for her.    

This is not the first time I have seen it happen.  It has happened a few times in the past 22 years, but it doesn't make it any easier.

BUT...on a happier note,

This morning I received a package from Pennsylvania.   Michelle, my mug rug swap partner, mailed it to me.  What a pleasant surprise and welcome break from the heaviness I have felt this week. 

 Have you ever had a Krimpet before?  They are yummy.  :)

 This mug rug and wall pocket below, fits right in at my house.

 Isn't this wall pocket cute?  Now, I need to find some dried flowers to put in it.


********************************************************

THIS WEEKEND

This weekend is the "Big To Do on HWY 22".   In other words.... garage sales on HWY 22 from Barling, AR to Conway, AR or something close to that.  :)

I may just have to go treasure hunting tomorrow!    

I also plan to finish a little quilt top I started last night, as self diagnosed therapy, to help with the stress I've been feeling.   It is made of many 1" strips sewn together.  I plan to cut them again and sew them back together, creating a random pattern.   This design came to me during my therapy last night.  I plan to call it  "Changing Winds".  

OH! and brownies!  I meant to bake brownies earlier in the week.  SO that is a must for this weekend!


********************************************************

IN CLOSING...

God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power.  1 Corinthians 6:14

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


P.S.  if you haven't voted yet on the Best Shop Hop Quilt, please do so.  Only 2 more days left!  You can see the quilts by clicking on the quilt tab above.

6 comments:

  1. So sad to tell coworkers they've lost their job. Awful.

    I love your mug rug!! Darling! Nice that it fits right in your house too! Have a good weekend. Do something fun. Monday will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda!

    Here's wishing you a good weekend too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a tough econonmy right now, so many people losing thier jobs. Sad! I grew up with Tastykakes..Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a difficult week! I hope it gets better from here. I like your fun mail :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sonia -

    Oh no, I'm sorry you had such a difficult week! People often see only the side of the one receiving a pink slip. It's not pleasant for those giving them out either.

    Brownies always make me feel better. :)

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mariliz, Michele, and Susan

    Thank you all for your kind comments. It's good to know I have friends that care.

    I know that God is in control and all will work out as planned. I just hope those who were laid off will have the same hope.

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham