Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bats and Bananas

Bats in the belfry! 
       
Well, there are days I probably do have bats in the belfry, but not today.

I did, however, have a little red bat hanging from my carport ceiling.
 

It has inspired the little note I wrote below.

Snuggled up close, it hangs silently above, like a little red ball.
Patiently it waits for darkness to fall, and then it will take flight.
It will fly this way and that, seeking to gobble up every mosquito and gnat.  
Once its belly is full, it will land again, patiently waiting.

I just went outside and it has flown away gobbling up its meal for the day.
 

******************************************************

CURIOSITY...

After finding the bat in the carport this afternoon, I was curious if bats were mentioned in the Bible.  So, I did some research and lo' and behold they are.  
 
Check it out; in the book of Isaiah chapter two, Isaiah warns his listeners to "run for cover" because of the coming judgment of the day of the LORD.  This is a time of universal judgment that will result in the overthrow of all human government.  He is urging his readers to trust God, since human government will collapse into the dust.  Verse 20 talks about how men will throw their idols to the moles and the bats.

Isaiah 2:20 In that day a man shall cast away his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to moles and to the bats;
 
So there you have it.  Bats are in the Bible. 
 
**************************************************

AWW... BANANAS

As I'm snacking on a banana now, the thought; bats in the belfry?... bananas?...
   I guess my mind is on that tangent this evening... who knows?
I hope my dreams aren't crazy. :)

Whatever the case may be, I do know eating this banana has made me want to make a banana pudding soon.  





***********************************************

Okay... enough crazy talk... it's been a couple of crazy weeks. 
I guess it's run over into my blog this evening.

The weekend begins tomorrow, so here's wishing you a wonderful weekend!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sonia -

    I've never seen a bat up close and don't care if I ever do. Just the thought makes me shiver.

    On the other hand, bananas are one of my favorite fruits. On cereal or in a smoothie, they're yummy. You're banana pudding sounds good. Do you make it from scratch?

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy weekend to you too! Interesting information about bats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan. my husband bought a instant pudding mix, so I will be using it to pour over the banana and vanilla wafer layers, instead of cooking the pudding. I will then let it sit a while in the frig to get all the flavors to blend. The cooked pudding makes it all come together quicker, but the instant works well too.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham