Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Can anyone relate?

Okay... you've heard of "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"... well I feel like I belong to the Sisterhood of the Retiring Pants.

That's right... I had to retire another pair of jeans today.  

You get them broke in, nice and comfy and then one day they are thin enough to see the light through them or a hole has ripped through at the knees or elsewhere and it's time to let them go.

Twenty years ago I would have worn them with the blown out knees or a tiny rip in the bottom, but not anymore.

It's hard giving up that beloved pair that wraps you like a warm hug, but alas there comes a time when you have to cut ties.

Can anyone relate?  

To me there is nothing more comfortable then a well wore in pair of jeans.

Retire from work, but not from life.  ~ M.K. Soni

Anyway... the jeans are retired from being worn on my body (that takes care of the work bit) but will live on as a tote bag or something.  :)


*************************************


I have seen a lot of the quilting followers I have and also those I follow being very busy with quilting in the past week.  

It puts me to shame, in a way, because I have not been as productive.  I have done some crocheting but am not as far along as I'd like to be there either.   

I was working on a Mug Rug... trying to do a 'crazy quilt' pattern and the crazy bit got the best of me... twice.  So I set them aside and have decided to do something a little simpler.  I hope to get started on that tomorrow.   

Keep your fingers crossed, I might even take a picture of it.   :)



*************************************

Well... I guess that's it for now.    My final thought for you is...

May you walk with the Lord and feel His presence in your life.

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


6 comments:

  1. I used to live in jeans, but not since discovering yoga pants. But, yes, I do hate to get rid of a favorite piece of clothing. I hold on until the very end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear I'm not alone. :)

    Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with sneakers. Just when they're comfortable, my back starts hurting - always a sign I need a new pair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand......I keep jeans for a while too. New jeans are nice but just not the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan... I totally relate to the sneaker issue too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele... you're right about the new jeans.... I have had to replace three pairs and I can wait to get the news one broke in good. lol

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham