Monday, June 14, 2010

Carry on!


Today's Verse:  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.   Romans 12:2 / KJV
 
As I read today's verse I thought of the transformation in my life since I accepted Christ as my Savior.  I am no longer the foul woman I was, unworthy of God's love.  I now know the love and grace God so freely gives to me though I don't deserve it. 
 
In that knowledge there is a renewing of mind and spirit that pulls at me to always try to prove and live my life acceptable to the will of God.  It may not always be easy, but I believe it is vital in my walk with God.  I can only grow spiritually when I put aside the old self and take up the new self fully and completely, never turning back to the way things use to be.  
 
There are times I let "stuff" get in the way of my walk with God and I get in a spiritual funk, if you will.  I am reminded, either by a sermon my pastor has given or by a word or two from a friend, that I need to get back on track with my personal walk and when I do, life seems a little easier to take. 
 
Being conformed to the world is easy.   Just let your guard down and you will see how easy it is and see how quickly the inner peace begins to fade.  
 
However, not conforming to the world is work.  It is not easy, but the fruits of that work are worth every struggle and trial you may have to go through to be set apart from the world.  Not conforming to the world is the path to true peace.
 
So, do you struggle and have trial at this time trying to be set apart from the world?  Carry on my friend.  Don't give up and don't give in to the pressures of the world.   Keep your guard ever vigilant in your walk with God.
 
God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham