Thursday, May 20, 2010

In my last moments

By Sonia R. Parham  5/20/10

I walked along a path. It was smooth with no obstacles in the way to hinder my steps. It was dark, with a dim glow down low on either side.


I saw a man in the distance, tall and handsome, beckoning me to him. Out of the corner of my eye I saw movement but paid no attention to it as I was so focused on the man before me.

Whispers fell on my ears the closer I got to him. I reached out to him and he smiled. His smile sent the chill of dread down my spine. His smile was not loving or compassionate. It was arrogant and calculating.

He touched my shoulder and his hand felt as if it weighed a ton. My knees gave way under the heaviness that consumed me. My chest felt empty as my breath began to fade. He laughed at my demise.

Drifting slowly into unconsciousness I heard the whispers more clearly. “Soul snatcher’ they repeated over and over.”Soul snatcher...”

“This is it” I thought. “I’ve gone too far.” Fear clenched my heart.

“Mamma!” I cried;

“Daddy!”

No answer came.

“FATHER!!” my soul cried out in desperation.

Tears ran down my face as I lay my head down on the path at his feet, hearing his laughter as it quieted and became a cruel grunt of satisfaction. In my last moments I saw vaporous hands stretching forth as if to snatch me away.

“FATHER, I’m sorry, please forgive me!!” My soul cried out once more.

“What?” Exclaimed the man before me; His voice was now distorted with anger. “No!” he cried, “You can’t have her!”

“QUIET!” came the response; “You no longer have power over her.” This new voice was strong, powerful and full of compassion. As the words were spoken the darkness began to fade.

Strong loving hands reached down and picked me up. The heaviness that held me down fell away. My life came back to me.

The vaporous hands shrank away as the light grew. I saw the feet at which I lay backing away, stumbling in their haste.

The whispers now said “Holy God”, “Creator of all.”

I knew who held me. The fear within my heart left and peace and love took its place. Tears still rolled down my cheeks as I heard Him say “Peace my child, you are forgiven.”

“Thank you Father, Thank you!” I said as he hugged me close and carried me away from the dark path.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham