Monday, March 1, 2010

Nothing's perfect...


Like life, sewing is not perfect. :) 

There is always a seam that needs to be ripped out or you will see a mistake after a project is completed.

The other day, I was looking at the quilt I have hanging in my living room.  It's the very first quilt I made.  It is full of what I would now call mistakes, but in the beginning I was proud of my creation, not seeing the flaws. 

I am still proud of it but for different reasons.  Looking at my first quilt reminds me that nothing is perfect and with each quilt I learn something new.  I have also found this true with the handbags and tote bags I make.  That's the fun in creating something with your hands; it's growing, learning and accomplishing new ideas each time you work.

So the next time you have to rip out a seam...

:)  Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham