Thursday, March 4, 2010

From Whence I Come


I come from the dust of the earth,

From the thunder, lightening and rain,

I come from anguish and pain,

From struggles and torment,

I come from burdens carried through the darkness,

Bound by heavy chains,



I come from sunshine,

And cool breezes in the night,

I come from the smell of lavender,

Of freshly cut grass and honeysuckle,

I come from the moon,

And the stars that sparkle,

I come from waves of the ocean,

Washing in on the coast,

I come from the bird’s song,

Serenading the earth,



I come from spirit torn and freedom won,

I come from the smile of a child,

With a sparkle in her eye,

I come from joy in the heart,

And from peace in the soul,

I come from the love of a man,

And from integrity and grace,

I come from faith and hope,

From gentleness and self control,

I come from power in my times of weakness.


I come from the Creator of all.



Sonia Parham 3/4/10



1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! I especially love this line, "I come from spirit torn and freedom won." Thank you for sharing this poem with us!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham